Thyme is an herb from the mint family that you probably recognize from your spice set. However, this has been used as a Medicinal herb for centuries.1
In this article, you will learn
Benefits of Thyme
With its antifungal and antispasmodic effects, this Herbal remedy fights agents that cause bronchitis and helps to subdue coughs.1
History of Thyme
Thyme is a Mediterranean herb with dietary, medicinal, and ornamental uses. Thyme has been used for centuries as a medicinal herb to aid a host of different ailments. The flowers, leaves, extracts and oil of thyme have been used to treat a range of symptoms and complaints, many of which include diarrhea, stomach ache, arthritis, sore throat and cough. among many other reasons. 2
People used thyme throughout history for embalming and to protect from the Black Death.3
How Thyme treats a wet cough?
The antispasmodic properties found in Thyme oil relaxes the bronchial muscles that are involved in making you cough thus providing you with a feeling of relief.1
How Thyme prevents cough?
Thyme has over 400 subspecies. This impressively versatile herb relaxes the bronchial muscles involved in coughing and even thins mucus.2
Thyme is a herb that directly attacks microbes and other bacterias, and fights off against bronchitis with its antispasmodic and antibacterial properties.4
The natural* cough remedy.5
Backed by the power of Thyme and primula in Bronchicum® syrup. Bronchicum gives you natural* cough relief by relaxing bronchial spasms to ease your cough.5
*Natural Active ingredient.5
- Bronchicum® reliefs cough with natural components.1
- Suitable formula for adults and children.1
*Natural Active Ingredients1
ON-THE-GO Natural Supplement For Cough
- Natural* cough relief.1
- Suitable formula for adult and children.1
*Natural Active Ingredients1
Primula Root is commonly used for the treatment of respiratory distress such as bronchitis and coughs, and has been widely used throughout medical history.
1.Healthline Website. 12 Health Benefits of Thyme. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health/health-benefits-of-thyme#Thyme-to-boost-your-immunity . Last accessed:23/2/2022.
2. Pascoe natural healthcare. Thyme: Nature's Cure for Coughs. Available at: https://www.pascoe.ca/herbal-healthcare/blog/thyme-natures-cure-for-coughs . Last accessed:22/2/2022.
3. Medical news today. What are the benefits of thyme?. Available at: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/266016 . Last accessed: 23/2/2022.
4. Peace Health organization. Thyme. Available at: https://www.peacehealth.org/medical-topics/id/hn-2174009#:~:text=Many%20constituents%20in%20thyme%20team%20up%20to%20provide%20its%20antitussive,of%20flavonoids%20along%20with%20saponins . Last accessed: 23/2/2022.
5. Egyptian drug authority Bronchicum leaflet approval date 13/3/2022.
Approval Code (No.) SF0253OA271/102022 Invalidation Date 20/10/2023
This Material is approved by EDA. Approval number: SF0253OA271/102022, Invalidation Date: 20/10/2023
Kindly report any online promotional, educational and awareness material not having this message to the General administration for regulation of marketing & advertising materials at: www.edaegypt.gov.eg